Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Tue, Mar 1 ’22Posted on:
R&D Project Manager
At United Dwelling, we are on a mission to change lives and are in pursuit of passionate and energetic people who want to join us on our journey. In our effort to build hope within the communities we serve, we partner with homeowners and developers to incorporate innovative ways to transform.
About the Role
We are seeking a Project Manager with experience in managing residential design & construction projects. In this role, you will work within a small, dedicated team on all aspects of designing and constructing prefabricated modular/factory-built Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) and Ground-up Developments throughout the Los Angeles area. Daily tasks will range from developing and administering project schedules, managing workflow and reviewing the work of R+D Designers, coordinating with and managing consultants, developing concept diagrams, design documents, and visualizations, performing site visits, and producing supplemental construction documents and details. You will gain extensive hands-on experience from concept through construction.
This is a full-time salaried position with competitive benefits and the ability to work primarily from home.
- Lead a small team of designers to iterate existing designs, preemptively identify potential design issues, and effectively design solutions via rigorous research and development of new, innovative product designs
- Coordinate with consultants, such as structural, civil, solar, and landscape, as well as various factory partners
- Review state and local permits that proactively engages code requirements as well as key stakeholders across multiple internal departments and consultants to ensure buy-in and sign-off by all necessary parties
- Review shop drawings and samples from our fabrication partners and obtain approval from upper management and key construction team stakeholders
- Develop and administer gantt chart schedules for multiple concurrent projects
- Determine milestones, assign tasks, and track progress
- Ensure work is completed, reviewed, and revised in a timely manner in order to meet deadlines
- Be knowledgeable of materials, products, and industry innovations
- Support the construction team in developing construction instructions that inform site preparation, foundation assembly, delivery method, and the finishing of our units
- Respond to RFI’s in a timely manner via site visits, thorough documentation of site conditions, issue problem identification, code research, and design solutions that incorporates key stakeholder sign-off that allows our construction team to deliver a complete home to the customer
- Support the Land Use and Entitlement division by developing and upkeeping typical development site plans
- Participate in quality assurance efforts via on-site data collecting procedures and quality progress reports
- Produce weekly presentation decks that include sketches and visualizations to communicate project progress to leadership and other stakeholders
- Support other departments, such as marketing and sales with necessary marketing collateral and/or environmental signage
- Recommend changes to existing procedures and help establish new processes
- Perform other duties as required
- Degree in Architecture or Construction Management
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Project Manager (or Junior Associate) in the architecture, construction, or product development industries
- Experience with BIM/3D software required, ArchiCAD or Revit experience preferred in a professional environment. ArchiCAD is preferred, however Revit experiences will be considered.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience.
- Experience in creating and managing gantt charts
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization, and time management skills
- Basic knowledge of local and state codes pertaining to Residential, Prefab and ADUs (Accessory Dwelling Units) projects (CBC 2019, CRC 2019, CPC 2019, CEC 2019)
- Understanding of building systems, MEP systems and construction techniques utilized in Type V construction
- Experience in prefabricated modular/factory-built housing design or construction is a plus.
- Previous experience in startups is a plus.
- Experience managing projects for at least 3 years in Los Angeles.
- Ability to drive to project site locations throughout Los Angeles or our warehouse in South Los Angeles as needed.
- Currently residing in the Los Angeles area.
- Only persons currently residing in and able to legally work in the US will be considered. No international applicants for this position, please.
We are not able to assist with VISA Sponsorship or relocation.