Parallax is an architectural design and planning firm located in Culver City specializing in private school and college buildings. We enjoy a collaborative studio environment and have been creating distinctive, high-performance buildings for Los Angeles County independent schools for over 25 years.
We are looking for a talented Senior Designer to assist with the design and development of a variety of educational facilities. Key qualifications include demonstrated design talent and experience with academic architecture as well as strong interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills.
- Develop architectural planning and design concepts for educational buildings under the direction of the Project Principals
- Lead client programming meetings and design presentations
- Coordinate architecture and building systems with engineering consultants
- Supervise project design drawing and detailing by Junior and Intermediate production staff
- Work with City and/or County agencies to resolve code related issues
- B-Arch from a U.S. College or University
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience with institutional building types
- High level of skill using Revit for design and detailing
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to speak confidently in public and lead presentations
- Understanding of Los Angeles building codes
- Knowledge of construction materials, standards and details
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Los Angeles area resident
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Three references minimum.
Please no phone calls, drop-offs, or agencies.
Salary: commensurate with experience and demonstrated skill level
Full benefits package provided.
Please submit a letter of interest, current CV and work samples in PDF format (no larger than 12 MB) to: Ms. Charisse Guidry at firstname.lastname@example.org.