Office JDY is a small architecture and design practice in Brooklyn. Our approach is driven by curiosity and rigorous engagement, both in the investigation of unique design solutions as well as in the development of bespoke process solutions. We are currently working on several residential projects in and around NYC, as well as concept-driven commercial, retail, and educational projects of varying scales.
We are looking for a talented collaborator to join our team. Our ideal candidate is someone who is interested in working and growing with a small office, who enjoys learning something new (as we do) all the time, and who is comfortable (and eager) learning and performing tasks and responsibilities beyond their current capabilities. Above all, we’re looking for someone who will be able to contribute immediately and meaningfully to thoughtful design conversations – we’re looking for a long-term teammate, not just an employee.
You should also:
- Have a professional degree in architecture.
- Have 2-4 years prior full-time professional experience in architecture and/or interior design. Experience with residential projects in New York City is a huge plus.
- Be proficient in AutoCAD, Rhino, V-Ray and/or Enscape, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office.
- Be detail oriented and well organized, with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Be open-minded and committed to equality: we are an inclusive and collaborative office, and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
As part of the position, you’ll:
- Produce internal design studies and prepare client presentation materials through all phases, from pre-design through construction administration.
- Assist in sourcing finish materials, fixtures, furniture, etc.
- Contribute to development of technical and detail drawings through all phases.
- Attend construction site visits with project lead.
- Support project lead on project management and administrative tasks.
- Communicate regularly with the internal design team, consultants, and occasionally with contractors and other outside vendors.
The position is full-time and in-person at our office in DUMBO. As such, applicants are required to be vaccinated. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. Your application should not exceed 10MB and must include a CV and portfolio or online work samples. Please send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.