DAHLIN is a diverse architecture and planning firm practice of 180 multi-cultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place® starts with our own working environment—a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
We are currently seeking a CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR to join the Administrative Team in our Pleasanton, CA office! Under minimal supervision, this administrative professional is primarily responsible for all service contract agreements for the Company: reviewing scope of services and fees, recommending changes to ensure compliance with required objectives, and eliminating contradictions, conflicts, and ambiguities to assure conformance with all legal and contractual requirements. This individual will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure with a pleasant and professional disposition. As a member of the Administrative Team, responsibilities include supporting overall administrative operations by collaborating with other administrative staff across the firm and contributing to a positive and productive work environment.
Interested? If so, please read through this entire posting – your attention to this is an important part of how we evaluate our candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support multiple C-level executives
- Directly manage, prepare and/or oversee all prime and subcontracts
- Manage the review and revision of contracts prior to sending to authorized signatories for execution
- Work with Project Teams to obtain data needed to define contract requirements
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Manage in-house database to maintain subcontractor’s information to ensure contract compliance such as Certificates of Insurance, DBE Certifications, etc.
- Accurately maintain contract documents and professional services agreements in compliance with records retention policies
- Collaborate with Director of Administration and various levels of personnel regarding contracting requirements, proposed contract language changes, develop and update procedures, and other contract strategies
- Maintains awareness of new trends and developments in contracting, including federal, state, and architectural board rules and regulations; incorporates new developments as appropriate; ensures processes, policies and practices are interpreted and applied consistently and effectively
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge of policies and regulations governing architectural contract requirements
- Experience managing contracts or subcontracts, with strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills to be able to present and negotiate agreements in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent reading and language comprehension, with the ability to disseminate critical and relevant information
- Must present a positive image of DAHLIN in line with its overall brand
- Ajera / Deltek knowledge a plus
- AIA Contract Software knowledge a plus
- Ability to keep up with DAHLIN’s fast paced processes and environment
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, & CERTIFICATIONS:
- A/ E/ C industry experience required
- 5+ years’ administrative experience in a professional services environment
- Paralegal experience preferred
- Prior experience supporting C-level executives required
- B.A. or equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education
- Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States without any restrictions or visa sponsorship
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer the opportunity to participate in a pre-tax Flexible Spending plans for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k.
Please upload your resume and a cover letter (PDF or Word/5MB max) that tells us why you are our ideal candidate and why you want to our work for our firm. Inquiries that do not follow these instructions may not be considered.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We’ll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply.
DAHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies, or other staffing vendors who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.