Cornerstone Residential is a Wrightsville Beach-based design and drafting firm that drafts for some of the top named builders in the area and has completed hundreds of custom home designs in Wilmington, Brunswick County and Hilton Head with sister company, Design House. Cornerstone has been designing and drafting custom homes for over 20 years, with work often featured as part of the Parade of Homes and in Wrightsville Beach magazine. All work is completed in the office with a small team of professionals that are passionate about residential design.
We are currently looking to hire a new team member that will be responsible for drafting in AutoCAD the hand-drawn designs from our floorplan designers, completing markup changes to designs from clients and builders, and producing full working sets of construction documents.
- Minimum of three (3) years work experience using AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture is preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in residential architecture
- Minimum of two (2) year Associates degree with focus on drafting, design or related field
- Detailed knowledge of residential design, building components and construction methods
- Attention to detail and ability to follow through the “dominoes” of design changes
- Strong desire to produce quality designs and documents
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks accurately and efficiently
- Ability to multi-task on several projects at a time (our current draftspeople average 6-9 projects weekly)
- Complete design markups from builders and clients on existing plans
- Produce detailed construction documents for new and existing plans
- Work collaboratively to manage project documents, including following up with clients, builders and sub-contractors such as engineers and landscape designers
- Work independently with speed and accuracy to meet multiple deadlines across several projects at a time