Architect / Design Associate
RAD is currently looking to hire an Architect or Design Associate with 5-10 years of experience to join our design studio. Candidate should have most of the following attributes:
- Registration not required but encouraged.
- Some sort of degree in the architectural profession.
- Ability to take ownership of projects (in terms of initial design, documentation and construction) and direct team members as needed.
- A heart for social impact work. A good portion of our work serves others, it’s our mission.
- Know current building codes and how to properly implement.
- Engineer Coordination
- Construction Administration
- We use the following software and it would be killer if you did too:
- Revit, Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Bluebeam. Morpholio Trace, Procreate, Hand Drawing + Sketching
RAD (Rickman Architecture + Design) is a creative, research-based, social enterprise architecture firm located in the great state of Georgia that believes a well-designed environment can serve as a catalyst for positive social change.
RAD exists to serve the individuals and organizations we work with through an innovative, collaborative design process. We create constructed spaces where our clients connect and invest in the people and communities around them. Through practicing revenue reinvestment and working on a balance of projects for-profit, for limited profit, and pro-bono, we seek to take an open-handed approach to architecture that promotes social good.
We believe in spurring each other on toward love and good deeds in each project and interaction we undertake. The smallest details have significant impact. Bringing our skills as architects and designers to bear upon the world, we believe we can build a better future, one project at a time.
We are a very collaborative boutique studio where you will learn every phase of the architectural process. Candidate will be required to be involved in every phase and wear many hats. Our office headquarters are in Villa Rica, Georgia where we meet a couple days a week, but we also meet in our office in Atlanta the other couple of days. We do work from home some days and intend to be a flexible working office, gathering to collaborate as needed.
If interested, please send portfolio of work and any correspondence to: