The Tastemaker Awards recognize excellence and innovation in commercial and residential design across a variety of award categories. The call for submissions runs through Feb. 1 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
“As residential and business design continues to evolve and adapt, so too does the creative and impactful work of our Wayfair Professional members,” said Margaret Lawrence, vice president of Wayfair Professional.
The award recipients will be selected by a panel of judges with professional backgrounds that include industry-leading design publications and a design firm with celebrity clientele: Lila Allen, editor of Architectural Digest PRO; Joe Nahem, AD 100 designer and founding partner of Fox-Nahem Associates; and Hadley Keller, digital director of House Beautiful.
The 2022 Tastemaker Awards will celebrate the year’s most exceptional designs with the following categories:
- Most Dramatic Renovation: best before-and-after renovation of any space.
- Best Residential Design: best kitchen, living room, home office, bedroom, bathroom, playroom, home gym or other residential space.
- Best Bathroom Design: best overall bathroom design, including main bathroom, guest or children bathrooms, or powder rooms.
- Best Commercial Business Design: best conventional office space, restaurant, hotel, or other commercial business space.
- Most Effective Use of Color: best use of color for impact or visual interest, across any design.
- Best Outdoor Design: best design of outdoor space, from restaurant patios to residential backyards, managed buildings’ roof-decks, or any outdoor lounge space.
“As we reflect on the past year of challenges and achievements, we are excited to see what our Wayfair Professional community has been able to accomplish across a multitude of projects,” said Lawrence. “We look forward to championing an exemplary group of designers and firms who represent the very best of this year’s Wayfair Professional Tastemakers.”
To enter, Wayfair Professional members can upload images of their best-designed spaces to their Instagram feed, tag and follow @wayfairprofessional, and write a brief description with both #WFPTastemakers and #WayfairProStyle included in the caption.
One winner will be selected per category and awarded the following prizes: $1,000 to shop across Wayfair and its family of brands, promotion of their winning design on Wayfair Professional’s social media channels, and inclusion in the Tastemaker Award winners’ press release and blog.