West Haddon Hall
Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Fri, Apr 15 ’22Posted on:
This is an opportunity to grow with a dynamic, fast-growing design firm that has been featured in Elle Decor, California Home and Design, Luxe Magazine, Design Bureau and Rue Magazine. Our work ranges from commercial to residential, and we are currently working on large projects in Los Angeles, Palm Springs, and Cabo San Lucas as well as a furniture collection.
West Haddon Hall is seeking a talented Project Manager / Senior Designer to join our team full time who is innovative, creative and enthusiastic about all aspects of residential design. The ideal applicant has 5-7 years of experience working at high end residential design firms assisting in design and project management as well as experience with construction management. The right candidate will be a team player who is able to create, produce, and problem solve while managing multiple projects. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Will be responsible for establishing the project schedules and milestones for projects to ensure that they are executed in a timely manner. Providing clear directives, delegation and expectations to team members.
- Establish project standards, systems, and documentation that can be utilized and coordinated throughout the phases.
- Manage and coordinate with contractors and vendors to ensure designs are executed as specified.
- Reviewing and responding to RFI’s, change orders, and shop drawings in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Creative Direction in selection of architectural details, furnishings and design materials (surfaces, textiles, flooring, paint, lighting, etc.)
- Prepare and/or coordinate the drafting of furniture layouts and elevations, including development of interior architectural detailing as directed.
- Produce and review custom furniture and millwork drawings.
- Work with design team to oversee production phase of projects including custom vendor quoting, creation of proposals, order and production status, and installation coordination.
- Maintain client relationships and communication throughout all phases of the project.
- Problem solve, troubleshoot and navigate and design or construction issue.
- Manage project budgets and procurement process.
5-7 years experience working at residential interior design firms
Construction job-site experience and knowledge working with specialty workrooms on custom items including upholstery, window treatments, woodworkers, etc.
Excellent project organization and project management skills
Detail oriented and thorough with the ability to delegate and work collaboratively with team
Ability to multi-task multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work flow in dynamic office environment
Ability to prepare efficient written communication for clients, design team, vendors and artisans
Experience in Autocad, Sketchup and Adobe Design Suite