Lara Apelian Studio is currently seeking a full time project architect with a minimum of 5 years of experience to work on high end residential and select commercial projects.
We are a design oriented office, looking for a talented and motivated Intermediate Architect to contribute to all phases of design with a focus on drawing production. This opportunity is best suited for a motivated talented designer looking to join a growing studio.
- Work closely with a Senior Architect in the development of a project
- Prepare sketches and CAD drawings for in-house review
- Draft architectural drawings for SD, DD and CD Phases.
- Research current zoning and building code requirements
- All aspects of Construction Administration, including job site visits, submittals, RFI’s and change orders
Qualifications and Experience:
- Highly motivated, with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD 2021, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with creating all project documentation, including Design Development and Construction sets.
- Ability to multi-task and work within a team to meet deadlines
- Experience producing construction drawing sets for NYC residential projects is a plus
- Strong knowledge of current building codes including ADA requirements
- Must be a US green card holder or US citizen and currently living in NYC
- A professional degree in Architecture (B. Arch/M. Arch)
- A minimum of 5 years of professional working experience in NYC, preferably experience in high-end residential design
Other: Our office is working remotely for the time being. You may be asked to attend periodic project site meetings in the NYC area. We anticipate shifting to a hybrid model of both WFH and in our Harlem NYC office sometime in mid-2022.
Interested qualified candidates can send their resume and work portfolio in PDF format to email@example.com with “Project Architect” in the subject line.
You will receive a response by e-mail if we would like to schedule an interview.