An established family run commercial office real estate firm, HJ Kalikow & Co., based in midtown Manhattan is seeking a full-time in-house architect to manage design and construction activities within its existing portfolio of commercial and residential properties.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordination of external resources including architects, engineers, consultants, and contractors.
- Production and management of budgets and schedules across all construction related activities.
- Working closely with executives to develop and track annual capital budget and commitment schedules for capital improvement and maintenance projects.
- Production of commercial office leasing exhibits.
- Performing daily site visits to ensure compliance.
- Coordinating repair and maintenance requests.
- Minimum 5 years of experience, preferably in commercial office design and construction.
- Advanced understanding of commercial and residential building construction practices and building systems.
- Basic understanding of commercial real estate terminology and ability to demise floor plans based on rentable vs usable square feet.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Covid-19 Vaccination.
Professional license (R.A. or P.E.) is preferred. This is a great opportunity for an architect/engineer or technically minded individual to make the switch over to the ownership side of the industry.
- Paid time off
- 100% employer sponsored health insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401k Plan
- Pension Plan
- Salary: Commensurate with experience (from $100,000 and up).