A+I stands for ‘Architecture Plus Information’. We are a strategy-led, integrated architecture and design agency, and for 25 years we have been focused on the transformation of work(place). Our purpose is to use information and creativity to better the changing world we inhabit.
A+I is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to achieving a workforce as diverse as the city we call home.
We are seeking a visual storyteller and a creative go-getter to join our team.
As Manager of Marketing & Communications you will report to the Executive Director of Marketing & Partnerships, and be responsible for driving A+I’s brand building and storytelling efforts to enhance A+I’s reputation as a thought leader in the industry and reinforce our strategic positioning and unique value proposition. You will work closely with the Co-Founders and Principals to develop new ideas for marketing and PR initiatives and create new content and materials that align with the overall firm strategy and will attract the right clients, and the best talent, to our orbit.
- Organizational: Ideate, execute, and track ongoing marketing campaigns; Contribute to quarterly and annual reporting to Leadership on plans and execution of Marketing & Comms efforts
- Media Relations: Serve as primary point of contact for all in-bound media/PR opportunities, fulfil media requests, maintain media contacts and tracking or initiatives, and propose & secure external engagements for the Founders and Principals
- Content: Ensure existing Project Assets and Case Studies of completed projects are kept up-to-date, and produce promotional materials as projects reach completion, including directing architectural photo and video shoots
- Social + Digital: Direct A+I website and social content strategy & implementation, author and publish new copy on behalf of the firm, including press releases and content for owned channels.
- Awards: Maintain and update awards calendar, produce award submissions with assistance from project teams and oversight/decision from leadership team.
- Business Development: On occasion, assist with RFP response development, presentation content, and any other ad hoc marketing copy/asset needs necessary as part of a pitch process.
- Insights + Industry Intel: Stay up to date on competitor activity (clients, projects, market positioning) and share pertinent news as appropriate, contributing insights to strategic planning sessions. In unison with The Manager of Business Development, collate and share relevant news on A+I clients, prospects, or competitors to keep Leadership team informed of workplace trends
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Marketing / PR Communications experience at an architecture firm and/or creative design agency. Previous experience in Graphic Design or Art Direction would be a bonus, but not a prerequisite.
- Strong graphic skills and knowledge of the full Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and HTML. Proficient in Google Work suite, Squarespace, LinkedIn, Instagram, Miro, and Mailchimp.
- A great storyteller and communicator with excellent attention to detail – visual and written accuracy and precision are essential.
- Independent and agile, with a real ‘sleeves rolled up’ approach to doing work. Takes initiative, believes in the power of a strong brand and a clear story to drive business.
- Ability to build relationships, influence and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Passion for architecture and design.
- Currently living in or ready to relocate to the NYC metropolitan area
- Legally eligible to work in the United States, without need for employee sponsorship
More about us:
A+I believes in building towards a responsible practice.
We stand firmly for progressive social policy, responsible stewardship of our planet, and combating climate change.
A+I builds to better the world we inhabit.
We live our purpose through our devotion to creating more compelling human experiences – ones that seek to unite people and organizations, amplify their purpose, and better the world we inhabit. We believe that researching and building informed strategies to guide the design of spaces and experiences is a powerful lever for achieving the greater goals of those for whom we design as well as building towards more humane, inclusive, and sustainable futures. As such, building beautiful, meaningful, purposeful, and sustainable spatial experiences is deeply dependent on the strategies that organize that thinking. We achieve this through fostering diverse collaborative creative teams, integrated across research and design disciplines, and aligned around our client’s vision.
A+I Culture is our people
We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. What our people have in common is a wealth of talent and determination to do great work and to real desire support one another. And we support that with great benefits, real opportunities for professional growth, tasty snacks, good tunes, and occasionally a good beverage pick. Our expertise is workplace, so it makes sense that we are constantly working on making our place of work a great place to be.
Please submit resume and work samples—with descriptions of your role in the work– in a single PDF, maximum size 8 MB, (or a link to a personal website) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.