Wolcott Architecture (WA) is looking for an Interior Architect/Job Captain (JC) to work with the Project Manager in managing all phases of a project from design concept through construction. Projects range from medium-large scale interior architecture scope to ground-up construction. WA offers a fun, fast paced, creative work environment nestled in the Financial District in Downtown Los Angeles. This is a full-time position based in Downtown Los Angeles office with excellent benefits and 401(k) plan.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Producing contract documents conforming to building codes and zoning regulations
- Preparing and ensuring accuracy of technical documents
- Capable of preparing schematic lighting layouts, overseeing preparation of lighting construction documents and administration.
- Capable of leading field survey teams for development and documentation of as-built conditions.
- Working with staff, either individually or in-groups, to provide positive atmosphere for learning and professional growth.
- Coordinating sub consultants and project team in executing the drawing set
- Coordinating architectural documents submitted to the building department, including plan check revisions, obtaining checks from accounting and meeting with expeditor, etc.
- Capable of following the scope of the pricing plan when preparing the final architectural documents.
- Performing above duties with attention and adherence to project schedule, design fees, project budgets, reimbursable costs, etc.