Miami, FL, USLocation:
Tue, Dec 21 ’21Posted on:
DesignAgency is seeking experienced candidates for an immediate opening for the position of Intermediate Project Manager: Design. DesignAgency relies on the Intermediate Project Manager: Design to produce top-quality design, tender and construction drawings and documentation, ensure code and regulatory compliance, and participate in quality control processes. They are also responsible to facilitate the entire process of project management including planning, design development, construction documentation, construction administration and project close out. Project Managers are responsible for managing the scope of work, executing the required work with a team, monitoring the quality of produced work, identifying and mitigating risks, and closing out successful projects.
This role is based in Miami to oversee multiple projects in the area. The Intermediate Project Manager: Design reports to the Senior Project Manager and Design Director, based in our Washington, D.C. studio. The Intermediate Project Manager: Design will be recognized for their ability to oversee the design process from start to finish.
Role and responsibilities
- Produce high-quality drawing and documentation sets
- Master, apply and comply with relevant codes, regulations and standards
- Maintain consistent and high-quality minutes, reports, orders and records
- Maintain high-quality documentation practices
- Solve technical, materials and construction problems elegantly and effectively
- Develop familiarity with site conditions and construction practices
- Assist in developing feasibility studies; if required.
- Coordinate project schedule milestones within the project’s scope, time and budget while maintaining the Design intent, work quality and client expectations.
- Coordinate and communicate the design intent with contractor, structural, MEP & T, and other various consultants.
- Coordination or production of specification manual when required.
- Prepare and/or coordinate interior design drawing packages
- Construction document review (mark-ups) and quality assurance.
- Coordinate and collaborate in value engineering process when required.
- Attend consultant and construction coordination meetings, conference calls, etc. and relaying info back to Director of Project Management in form of minutes and /or scheduled meetings.
- Answering and reviewing RFI’s, change orders, shop drawings, site instructions with the assistance when required.
- Manage purchasing and oversee installation when required.
- Site administration, visits, meetings, documentation of site progress & condition
- Quality control and documentation of deficiencies of site work.
- Utilize established standard steps and processes on how to issue and archive drawings and specs.
- Advise and mentor project designer(s) and technicians
- Initiate opportunities to increase the firm’s design capabilities.
- Proactively share design knowledge with other team members.
- Contribute to the development of systems and processes for improved design, technical quality, or client service.
- Create sound relationships with colleagues, clients, contractors, and suppliers, to promote repeat business.
- Manage personal and team time to project schedules.
- Project scope and budget management.
- Quality assurance and risk management.
- Act as client and consultant contact throughout the construction documentation and contract administration phases
- Responsible for project close out and integration
- Assign tasks and schedule deliverables to project designers and technicians that are part of the project team
- Interior Design Diploma, Architectural diploma or equivalent
- Interior design experience with a wide selection of advanced and various sized interior design and/or architectural projects
- Hotel and Food & Beverage design experience is a plus
- Multi-unit residential design experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of sketch-up to translate sketch-up models into working drawings in AutoCAD
- Understanding of the local building codes
- Working experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit
Achievement of professional credentials such as NCIDQ, MAATO, ARIDO, BCIN and LEED will be taken into account in promotion and compensation decisions, and preparatory studies or test costs may be eligible for firm support.
We offer an extremely competitive base salary and the opportunity for growth within the company. If you believe that this could be a perfect fit for you, please send your resume immediately, or if you know the perfect person for this position then feel free to forward this correspondence. All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
A portfolio is required as part of your application. Please share a link to, or a digital copy of work samples or your portfolio.
Please apply on our website and include a portfolio in your application.