Ready to take on a creative design role for a collaborative, fast-paced studio that will push you to create your best work? Join us in drafting your next chapter: crafting site-sensitive, beautiful spaces alongside a team of like-minded, creative, and highly talented architects and designers. This position offers an enthusiastic individual the opportunity to share ideas in a collaborative studio environment and to develop technical design skills while working on compelling projects in various phases.
The ideal candidate is a highly creative designer who shares our aesthetic sensitivity, commitment to environmental stewardship, and has exceptional technical abilities to work primarily as part of a small team while also efficiently handling independent tasks. This individual will embody Feldman Architecture’s core values: professionalism, teamwork, passion, and commitment. They have residential design experience (new construction and/or remodeling), strong Revit skills and a demonstrated ability to detail projects, and commercial or hospitality experience is a plus. The ideal candidate is capable of coordinating consultants and project teams under strict deadlines and is experienced in all stages of design and documentation, approaching each project with a collaborative attitude and high integrity.
The position is full time with a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401K, a transit plan, continuing education funds, and reimbursements for ARE and LEED AP exams.
Feldman Architecture is an award-winning architecture firm specializing in sustainable, modern custom residential design with a portfolio expanding to include a range of innovative and exciting commercial and public projects. The studio’s culture is inclusive – all members of our firm collaborate with clients, and consultants to create smart and sustainable solutions with conceptual clarity and precise detailing.
• Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree required
• 3-5 years of architecture experience
• Residential design experience
• 2 years minimum experience in Revit, SketchUP, Lumion, and Adobe Creative Cloud applications
• Strong graphic (Photoshop), oral, and written communication skills
• Experience with Consultant Coordination, including Structural, Civil, Landscape, Lighting, Mechanical, Geotechnical and Surveyors.
• Knowledge of construction documentation methods
• Familiarity with residential construction, including appropriate products, specifications, and detailing
LOCATION: Hybrid opportunity to both work from home, as well as in our lively design studio – a recently renovated Fire House off of Polk Street.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, please email your cover letter, resume and 3-5 pages of work samples (5mb files max please) with “Intermediate Designer” as the subject line to email@example.com. No phone calls, please!
Cover letter should clearly state the following:
• Relevant residential design experience
• Level of proficiency with Revit, SketchUP, Lumion, and Adobe Creative Cloud applications
• Experience, passion or knowledge working on sustainably focused projects
We’re committed to empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and city. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Feldman Architecture and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.