Interior Architect Hospitality/Residential
As an interior architect you will be involved with high-quality, exclusive, and award-winning projects in hotels, spas, and residences. The position requires an interior design or architectural education with strong and proven documentation abilities. The role requires a dynamic and collaborative Designer. Experience in high profile hospitality/residential design projects a plus. This position requires working closely with a senior designer or firm principal to execute interior documentation, space planning & assist in construction coordination. The job requires the candidate to balance the creative with the practical; with realization of great design as the goal.
Responsibilities will primarily include (in addition to all other duties required to get a project completed and delivered):
- Coordinating hospitality / residential related FF&E/Interior Architectural design and production through all phases on various projects.
- Collaborate with design Principal in order to achieve the interior design documentation drawings.
- Drawing with Autocad the details of interior design space programming, FF&E and millwork details.
- Manage and document design approvals with next steps. Documentation through presentation notes, and visual attachment. Ensure that clear communication and documentation to our clients of their approvals is maintained.
- Coordination and Production of Presentation Materials in all design phases. This includes planning, interior architectural material selection and presentation. Additionally, the designer will be responsible for the creation and/or the oversight of 2d and 3d visualization of the project, and Autocad production.
- Partner with the Design Principal to ensure client satisfaction as it relates to schedule, deliverables, budget, and most importantly project design expectations.
- 1 to 3+ years of post-graduate experience a minimum in hospitality/residential related projects
- BA/BS required in interior design, interior architecture or architecture.
- Demonstrated design talent and conceptual thinking with demonstrated professional experience in hospitality design.
- Outstanding presentation skills including verbal, written and illustrative. Must be articulate.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Ability to work well with others in a studio atmosphere
- Advanced proficiency utilizing the following tools:
- Adobe Creative Suite, especially In-Design and Photoshop
- MS Office Suite
- Revit a Plus
- The ideal candidate will be a team oriented and an excellent communicator, self-motivated, and comfortable in a collaborative and dynamic work environment.
- You must already be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship and already located in the New York City area. We are looking to fill job at our NYC office or our Bernardsville, NJ office.