We have a rare and fantastic opportunity for a Development Officer to join our Development team. This is a role with meaning, so you’ll be coming in and making a real difference to thousands of customers’ lives by coordinating the delivery and completion of the S106 programme. You can work where, when and how you want with our hub, home, roam approach around the Yorkshire region.
And what about us?
You might think of Yorkshire Housing as ‘just’ a housing provider, but we’re so much more than that. Yes, we own and manage nearly 20,000 homes (and counting) across Yorkshire and make it possible for current and future customers to have a place they’re proud to call home, but we’re also all about making a positive difference in people’s lives. We’re transforming our business by investing in people, processes and technology to deliver a consistently great experience for our customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Undertaking handover of properties with the Clerk of Works ensuring all information and certification is available, recorded and meets Yorkshire Housing standards.
- Also, communicating with Clerk of Works and site teams to ensure quality is of a continuously high standard. You’ll keep in contact with developers and internal stakeholders, also undertaking site visits to ensure handover dates for the S106 programme are accurate.
- Using IT systems to complete continuous cash flow forecasting and budget monitoring.
- Assist the delivery of the S106 programme by working with Yorkshire Housing Solicitors to enable completion of the properties. Along with filing audit information to assist with charging and refinancing the S106 properties.
- Ensure the smooth delivery of the S106 programme by working with the internal Land team along with managing the Development Project Assistant to ensure the programme administration is carried out.
Sounds good? Here’s what we need from you…
- You’ll have knowledge of the construction process and be great at working independently and taking ownership of tasks with experience working in a fast-paced environment. Prioritisation skills are vital with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Your communication skills will be fantastic and you’ll have good IT skills
- Full UK driving license (with ability to travel regularly to our sites across Yorkshire)
- It’d be a bonus if you have previous management experience and used invoicing systems. Also, it’d be even better if you’ve previously worked for a developer or housebuilder!
What’s in it for you?
In return, we offer £32,328 per annum plus £2,000 Car Allowance for 35 hours per week
But that’s not all. We offer a reward package to suit everyone. At YH, you can claim back for prescriptions, eye tests and more with our cash plan, make the most of a variety of retail discounts and take advantage of our pension scheme where we’ll match your contributions up to 9%, just to name a few.
Our people’s health and wellbeing is our top priority, and at YH, you can make the most of our readily available wellbeing support package. This includes access to fitness classes, as well as a My GP service and free counselling with our employee assistance programme.
So, now you’re really interested?
At YH, we’re building a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where everyone can be themselves. Difference is what makes us stronger, so we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds.
The finer print
Full driver’s licence valid for the UK and access to a vehicle suitable for work is required for this role. Due to the agile nature of this role, we need you to be able to travel around Yorkshire regularly so need to live in a commutable distance.
If you are applying for this role internally you must inform your current line manager.
The closing date for this role is 18 April but should a fab applicant pool be received in advance of this we reserve the right to close the advert early. Please apply asap to avoid disappointment