Boise, ID, USLocation:
Thu, Mar 24 ’22Posted on:
The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm, seeks an Architectural Design Lead for our Boise office to support our growth in multiple locations, disciplines, markets, and project types.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and interior design. With offices in Boise, Seattle, and Los Angeles, we work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation. We create projects which are visionary, contextually appropriate, and culturally resonant.
About the Role
The Design Lead provides design direction by working with clients and project teams to lead the process from feasibility through construction. This role will influence design while also empowering the team to fulfill the project’s goals and express GGLO’s design philosophy.
The Design Lead will define questions, disambiguate problems, discern priorities, and express solutions artistically through the lens of GGLO’s design philosophy. This individual will collaborate with key Firm Design Leaders, Principal in Charge, project team members, Project Manager, and Technical Lead in an effort to establish a clear design direction within the goals for the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the Design Process for individual projects
· Consider architectural solutions through the lens of GGLO’s design philosophy
· Identify key project opportunities and chart a course for realization
· Empower the project team to create artful and technically superior work
· Study and represent informed design solutions best suited for the project type and site.
· Evaluate and edit design solutions to best represent the interests of the client and the firm
· Collaborate and communicate frequently with Firm Design Leaders as well as other internal and external stakeholders through meetings, presentations, and some travel
· Actively participate in the in the realization of the drawn and built work
· Develop and maintain proficiency with software to effectively convey design intent
Professional Knowledge & Experience
· Strong design skills
· Enthusiasm for projects in urban environments
· Enthusiasm for the design process
· Insatiable curiosity
· Collaborative Spirit, positive attitude
· Commitment to an integrated design process
· Drive to create meaningful work
· Commitment to mentoring developing staff
· Experience in residential design is preferred, high-rise experience a bonus
· Possess deep knowledge of technique, material, and construction
· Knowledge of design technology
· Architectural License preferred
· Sustainability accreditation preferred
· 10 years of industry experience, with at least 3 years leading the design of residential projects
· Fluent in design technology, parametric tools, and computational design
· Comfortable communicating through hand drawing, digital and/or physical study models
· Authorized to work in the United States
We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning and innovation. We take great pride in working together to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients, and leading innovative design into the future. Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, time off, transit subsidy, bicycle parking, pet friendly atmosphere, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
Please visit our careers page at www.GGLO.com to apply or click the Apply button if visible. We look forward to hearing from you!
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.