Full Job Description
Candidate located within the U.S. only
Our Real Estate and Development firm is looking for a hardworking and knowledgeable architectural designer with more than 5 years of experience with a technical background and capabilities to create working drawings for a variety of residential and commercial real estate projects in South Florida. The ideal candidate would have 5+ years of experience with AutoCAD or a related program and knowledge of architectural exterior and interior building systems. The candidate is expected to be familiar with Florida building code requirements while also creating and evaluating designs to meet the needs of our client’s requests. Applicant will develop and further career in designing a variety of exciting and complex projects. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join a continuously growing and active boutique Real Estate and development firm, we’re interested in meeting you.
- Company sponsored health insurance.
- Paid vacation, personal days, and holidays.
- Boutique Real Estate firm with long-term opportunities for growth.
Expectations for our Architect/Drafts person:
- Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications.
- Technical knowledge in the Florida Building Code and local zoning codes.
- Experience with City requirements and submissions including but not limited to South Florida.
- Experience in AutoCAD (THIS IS A MUST).
- Sketchup, Photoshop and/or 3DS Max is a plus.
- Liaising with construction and engineering professionals about the feasibility of potential projects.
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction worker agers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists.
- Attend meetings with clients, contractors, and other specialist.
- Check site visits to review and receive ongoing updates as the construction progress. Applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new build and legal departments.
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction.
- Traveling to building sites, proposed locations, and client meetings.
- Professional degree in Architecture.
- 5+ years of experience with a technical background and capabilities to create working drawings for residential and commercial projects.
- 5+ years of experience with AutoCAD or a related program and knowledge of architectural exterior and interior building systems.
- STRONG understanding of the Florida Building Code and related zoning codes.
- Growing knowledge of architectural exterior and interior building systems, knowledge of materials, and in interest in design, construction administration or project management
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off