Buttrick Projects Architecture+Design is currently seeking an Intermediate Architect/Designer with 5-9 years of experience to join our team. This position is full time with a competitive salary and benefits package. See below for a full list of qualifications and how to apply.
Based in Oakland, our award-winning practice creates thoughtful, elegant buildings, interiors and hardscapes crafted to the specific vision and programmatic needs of each client and project site. As a small firm primarily working on residential projects, we seek creative and motivated individuals who are eager to participate in the design process at all levels from schematic design through construction. Interested applicants should be comfortable generating quick sketches, have a deep knowledge of construction types and details, and be well versed in client communication.
- 5 to 9 years of experience with single family residential design experience
- Proficiency in MacOS, Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Office 365.
- Thoughtful, capable graphic, verbal, writing and sketching skills including Morpholio or equal IPad skills.
- Strong organizational tendencies.
- Experience creating presentation, permit and construction drawings.
- Ability to research and implement findings.
- Eagerness to take responsibility for given tasks, and ability to deliver completed work in a timely, dependable way.
- Ability to communicate and work with others, in open process and evolve professionally.
- Education: BArch or MArch professional degree, and a relevant amount of office experience.
HOW TO APPLY
If you possess these attributes and seek a positive working environment, please send an email titled ‘Job Opening 2022’ to email@example.com and include the following:
- Your resume.
- A sampling of your design work, portfolio, and process (PDF no greater than 15 MB) and/or a link to your website.
- A brief description (50 words max) of a satisfying design project you have been engaged with.
- A brief description (50 words max) of your current professional goals.
We will respond to qualified applicants. No calls please. Thank you for your interest!