New York, NY, USLocation:
Fri, Jan 7 ’22Posted on:
Architect | Architectural Staff Level II-III: Single Family Residential Design
McBride Architects is seeking to hire a Architect or Architectural Associate for their Single Family Residential practice. They will act as a liaison to solve problems across multiple parties when they arise. The perfect candidate will have 7-10 years of experience in a United States architectural firm specializing in single-family residential. They will have experience working on a project from Design Development through Construction Administration, and be well versed in coordinating with multiple consultants.
Please read more below as we’d love to review your application should your background and ambitions align with it! You must apply via Archinect to be considered for the position. Please no emails or phone calls.
McBride is a boutique residential Architecture and Design Firm. While working on high-profile and stylistically diverse projects, McBride has prided itself on facilitating a familial and convivial culture. At McBride, you have autonomy with your given responsibilities; however, you are never on an island and can rely on your co-workers to help when in a bind. At McBride, we like the people we work with and believe that the familial feel only strengthens company morale, employee output, and day to day professional and personal satisfaction.
The right candidate will possess:
- M.Arch in Architecture preferred.
- 7-10 years of architectural/design experience, single-family residential experience is a must.
- Experience with AutoCAD, creating construction drawings, and an understanding of building codes for location-specific governmental regulations regarding design, construction
- Ability to put together full working drawing sets including knowledge of interior and exterior, detailing, millwork, and finishes
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all clients, stakeholders, and external vendors (designers, contractors, consultants, etc.), ensuring that information gets delivered accurately, and everyone is on the same page
- Ability to multi-task to prioritize competing demands
- Strong attention to detail
- Industry knowledge in response to new technology, best practices, and changes in codes